Answer the following questions to determine your profile. Refer to the appropriate documents based on your profile for instructions on how to proceed.
1. 1. Have you completed a Master’s degree with a concentration in interpretation?
2. Is your degree on the list of degrees recognized by OTTIAQ (PDF, French only)?
3. Do you have two years of experience as an interpreter?
4. Would you like to request a degree equivalence assessment? Do you have two years of experience as an interpreter?
5. Would you like to request a training equivalence assessment?
6. Do you have sufficient knowledge of French? Refer to the leaflet provided by the Office québécois de la langue française (OQLF).
 To meet the Order’s criteria, programs completed outside Quebec must include at least 15 credits of coursework focusing on interpretation from a passive language into an active language and vice-versa, and 9 credits of interpretation labs. If your academic training is not directly related to interpretation or you earned your degree in Quebec, go to Question 5. If you have any questions, please call our Certification Coordinator at 514-845-4411 or 1 800 265-4815, ext. 231.
1108-2021, av. Union
Montréal (Québec) H3A 2S9
Have questions about your application?
Please email Bénédicte Assogba, Certification Coordinator, or call 514-845-4411 or 1 800 265-4815, ext. 231.