We reduced certification fees!
Certification fee reduction
The Order is committed to better protecting the public and is aware that the cost of certification can deter potential candidates. As such, it has significantly reduced its certification fees in the hope of increasing recruitment. This reduction was made possible by OTTIAQ’s fund for recruitment and professional guidance, the creation of which was authorized by the Board of Directors.
More specifically, the Order has:
- Eliminated file examination fees
- Eliminated mentorship program fees
- Reduced fees for the training on ethics, professional conduct and professional practice
Together, these measures amount to a 30% to 70% reduction in certification fees for each profile category. This reduction includes all certification-related expenses, a year’s membership dues (the first year for new graduates) and all taxes.
Are you a recent graduate? This is especially beneficial to you, so take advantage of it!
CERTIFICATION: ADDED VALUE FOR THE PROFESSION, THE PUBLIC AND YOU!
By becoming a member of the Order, you will join forces with OTTIAQ’s 2,200 other language professionals. As OTTIAQ is the recognized authority in Quebec when it comes to translation, terminology and interpreting, your membership will promote recognition of your profession and help protect the public
SOME ADVANTAGES OF OTTIAQ MEMBERSHIP
- Professional designation as a certified translator (C. Tr.), certified terminologist (C. Term.) or certified interpreter (C. Int.)
- Listing in OTTIAQ’s online directory, a true showcase for the profession
- Access to job offers posted on OTTIAQ’s website
- Access to continuing education (at a reduced rate)
- Access to six hour-long consultations with a professional therapist per year as part of the Work-Life Assistance Program (PAL)
- Access at any time to exclusive information in the members-only section of OTTIAQ’s website
- Access to the results of the survey on rates and salaries
- Invitations to the Order’s events, including the annual conference and International Translation Day (at reduced rates)
- Professional liability insurance at a very competitive rate
- Up-to-date information on language-related activities through Circuit magazine
- Group insurance at a competitive rate
- Access to OTTIAQ’s online discussion forum and networking opportunities
- Listing on the list of translators of official documents