OTTIAQ JOSEPH LARIVIÈRE AWARD OF MERIT
Presented at the OTTIAQ annual conference
This award, created in memory of the founder of the Société des traducteurs du Québec, honours extraordinary or lifetime achievements in the language professions.
The Order wished to innovate by extending this honorary distinction to members and non-members alike. Offering this award raises the Order’s public profile and helps cultivate the image of language activities outside its own sphere.
- Member or non-member of OTTIAQ
- Practises various language professions
- Practises in diverse fields related directly to the various fields of their profession (technology, teaching, management, research, etc.)
- Numerous substantial achievements with significant impact
- Letter of nomination
- Summary of relevant achievements
- Letters of recommendation (maximum three)
- OTTIAQ award nomination form (fillable PDF)
- Send nominations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Members of the Board of Directors
- Members of the Awards Committee
Nomination deadline: May 1
Note: All OTTIAQ members, except for members of the Awards Committee, may personally submit a nomination.
Award presentation: OTTIAQ Annual Conference in Montréal
Example of a nomination file (PDF)
The recipient of the 2019 OTTIAQ Joseph LaRivière Award of Merit was Suzanne Villeneuve, Certified Interpreter.
View the list of recipients.