Apply for certification with a translation degree from outside Quebec
Translation degree from outside Quebec
If you have completed a translation degree from outside Quebec, OTTIAQ will determine whether it can be considered equivalent to a recognized Quebec degree.
You must provide us with the following documents. Documents listed in italics are available in the admissions section of the Portal:
- Comparative evaluation from the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration (MIFI) if your degree is from outside Canada
- Photocopy(ies) of your degree(s)
- Photocopy(ies) of your university transcript(s)
- Photocopy of your course descriptions
- Photocopy of your secondary or post-secondary diploma, if applicable
- Statutory declaration
To be certified, you will have to take our training on ethics, professional conduct and professional practice. This training can be completed entirely online and is mandatory for all new members. You can find the training on the OTTIAQ portal. The cost is $130 plus tax. After completing the training, you must also pay your dues to become a member of the Order.
Knowledge of the French language
Pursuant to section 35 of the Charter of the French Language, candidates must have appropriate knowledge of French in order to obtain certification. Refer to the section on the French exam for more information.
If you have any questions, please contact the Coordinator, Professional Affairs, at
514-845-4411, ext. 1225, ext. 1225 or by email.