Reviser or terminology manager
You must provide us with the following documents. Documents listed in italics are available in the admissions section of the Portal:
- Your CV
- Invoices, contracts, financial statements and/or letters from employers or clients attesting to your number of years of experience and number of words translated
- Descriptions of the duties of positions held
- Photocopy(ies) of your university degree(s)
- Photocopy(ies) of your university transcript(s)
- Photocopy of your secondary or post-secondary diploma, if applicable
- Abstract(s) or summary(ies) of submitted dissertation, thesis or relevant publications, if applicable
- Proof and description of paid and/or unpaid internships, if applicable
- Certification application questionnaire
- Statutory declaration
To be certified, you will have to take our training on ethics, professional conduct and professional practice. This training can be completed entirely online and is mandatory for all new members. You can find the training on the OTTIAQ portal. The cost is $130 plus tax. After completing the training, you must also pay your dues to become a member of the Order.
Knowledge of the French language
Pursuant to section 35 of the Charter of the French Language, candidates must have appropriate knowledge of French in order to obtain certification. Refer to the section on the French exam for more information.
If you have any questions, please contact the Coordinator, Professional Affairs, at 514-845-4411, ext. 1225, ext. 1225 or by email.